This is a place in Delhi named Daryaganj, which is popular for many things such as food, books, and markets. This place is like very good place for book buyers as you can get very good deals on books. Best part is that they sell books by weight and by number.
This place is famous by the name “Sunday book Market”.
Market is a gem for book lovers. You get not only good price books but if you have good eyes, you might find collection editions too. Many books are old and come here through many hands, in this way one catch first editions and some rare editions.
I got the Private Peaceful, the signed edition, in very good edition. That only in 50 Rupees.
It is near Jama Masjid and Lal Quila (Red Fort).
Not very tough to reach here so.
Best time to get there is 10 AM.
If you are living in Delhi, this is a road must taken.
- Be prepared to walk, as it is like one and half KM long road with books piled on the footpath.
- Bargain is possible.
- When searching books in a pile, search by Publication House. (experience)
- Go with a backpack, you need it.You do not want to roam with your hands full with books. Water-bottle.
- Wear shoes.
- Do not keep your mobile or money in bag. Put them in your pocket safely.
- At least two rounds.
- Buy hardbacks if they are cheap, does not matter if you want to read them or not. You can always gift them.
- Better if go with friends, but chances are you buy better if alone.
- Do not get excited if you are going for first time, do not invest your money at first shop as you might get same book in less price at the next shop.